Background

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blessing, Birthday's & Fireworks!!

I'm a week late, but we had a big weekend over the 9th of August. My sister Julie and her kids came and stayed with us Friday night because her girls had softball tournaments. It was alot of fun to watch them play. Then Saturday my niece Jacey and I spent all morning making a birthday cake for the boys. We used fondant and we were pretty proud of ourselves. I wanted to cry when it was time to cut it because it took so long to make. We went to the Salem Days parade with Julie's kids and we got so much candy it was ridiculous!



Then that afternoon we had everyone come to our house and we blessed baby Brandon! We had almost 60 people in my house, it was very crowded. Brandon cried the whole time and my dad called him Donald when he went to bless him. They were saying it was my Grandpa Montgomery there teasing us all! LOL! Then we had a BBQ, hung out, some played rock band and later had cake and ice cream and the boys got some gifts from family to open.






Because it was also Salem Days they were having fireworks at dusk. I live so close to the pond we have a great view from our backyard. We waited for what seemed like forever for them to start and then it started to pour down rain so we thought they would not do them and all started inside when we heard a big boom and the fireworks started. We stood on my deck in the pouring rain and watched, it was really neat. There was also lightning that would hit the same time a firework went off so we got a really neat show! After that Julie and her kids stayed the night again and so did my brother Curt and his family. At midnight Jacey and I went to Macey's to get breakfast stuff.

Then on Sunday afternoon we went up North to see Arlund's brother Daniel and his wife Sandy's baby. We took pictures of Blake and Brandon together and Brandon is so big, or Blake is so tiny? Ok both!!!! After visiting with them we went around the corner (literally) and saw Todd and Kiersten. Kiersten is my friend that I lived with after high school and they just moved to Utah from Arizona! When she told me her address I realized they live a block from Dan and Sandy. I am so glad to have her close again! They have 3 girls and they are just cute as ever! Then on the way home we stopped by Travis and Amy's house (Arlund's brother.) We had some yummy cake and watched the Olympics for a bit then we headed home. The next morning I got in my purse to get my keys out and found a pink binki. Megan had put her binki in my purse, lol! I was totally exhausted Monday morning, it was a long, but very fun, weekend!!


1 comment:

leslie jo said...

Ok I LOVE the pics of the men jammin out! Soo funny!
When you want to go on a date night?